December 18, 2014

Holistic Healing (Vol 4): Catching Up and Checking in!

Hello faithful readers and dear friends, whoever you are!  December is flying by so fast, as is does every year, am I right?  Joseph and I have been working our bottoms off at Eidolon House, which is exactly how we like it!  Being terribly busy has thrown us off schedule though, and I have noticed it has effected my physical and emotional health.  When one is hyper-aware of such things as mood swings and energy levels one tends to notice how just the smallest change in everyday life effects everything; it's been quite a learning process and totally amazing at the same time.

Part of managing emotional health obviously leads one to manage physical health.  Joseph and I have been making small but significant changes regarding our diet, drinking soda, and sleep schedules.  We're not perfect at all of this yet; as I've already mentioned, this month has been rough.  But we're taking each day one day at a time, and making sure we don't give ourselves too harsh of guilt trips either.

I have got to find a way to be more active, and not worry about my leg falling off!  This is our next hurdle to get over.  The life of an amputee is always interesting, I'll give you that!  Getting over this hurdle has led us to shopping for lightweight wheelchairs!  I've always had great upper body strength, and my legs, or lack thereof, are not my greatest feature, obviously.  So, if my leg falling off is the one thing keeping me from being active, then I'm taking the leg out of the equation all together!

Photo Source

We're saving our bucks and we're super excited about all the opportunities that actually open up by figuring out how to live with my disabilities.

What do you guys do to stay active?


No comments:

Post a Comment