January 6, 2014

Week Three - The Fast Diet

Joseph and I are still continuing our fast diet, even though we took a three week vacation for the holiday season.  During week three we didn't lose weight, but we still felt pretty good about our dieting.  We're changing  things up a bit though; after only a few weeks of preparing low calorie meals you learn what kinds of foods are high in calories and what foods are not.  We're adding an extra day of fasting, but I'm not going to keep track of every single calorie in my notebook in the kitchen; on our fast days we're not going to eat carbs or sweets of any kind.

Our schedule will go like this:  Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are our "fast days" or no carbs and sweets days.  The other days of the week we'll eat as normal.  We've only done the fast diet for three weeks and we already noticed a difference in our proportion sizes and we're not as hungry as we used to be.  It's been fun to notice these kinds of differences in just a short time.

A Fast Day Meal
This is one of our fast day meals, and it's quite filling.  I bake one boneless, skinless, chicken breast with just salt and pepper with one chicken bullion cube dissolved in 1/2 cup of water.  Adding the water and bullion gives you a juicy chicken breast with great flavor (one bullion cube is only 10 calories).  Our salad is made up of romaine lettuce, spinach, cucumber, shredded carrot, celery, a few cherry tomatoes, and 1 tablespoon of salad dressing.  I make my ranch dressing using milk and low fat plain Greek yogurt.  Using Greek yogurt rather than mayonnaise cuts out about 50 calories per tablespoon.

On our fast days we'll eat two huge green salads - one with a baked chicken breast - and we drink a lot of water and herbal tea; warm drinks help us feel full.  We don't feel like we're suffering most of the time; I do crave sweets, but when I'm having a bad craving for chocolate, I tell myself I can eat whatever I want tomorrow, and within a few minutes the cravings are gone.

Find out more information about The Fast Diet HERE!
 Read about our week two of The Fast Diet HERE!

I hope your healthy endeavors are successful!

XOXO


  

1 comment:

  1. I think that you're completely right! In weight loss there are so many ways to fail losing weight! My method was an anti-diet program, eat stop eat; I'm verry happy with it!

    ReplyDelete