13 Random Facts about me:
1. In high school I took French. The only real phrase I learned was asking to use the restroom, we could only talk in French while we were in class.
2. My high school English teacher was also my father's high school English teacher. Yikes!
3. I eat like a picky toddler. I don't like food mixed or touching on my plate. I DO NOT eat or cook casseroles because it's mixed food. I don't cook Rachael Ray recipes because I found they were just glorified casseroles. Any soup I cook I will puree, because I don't like chunky mixed food in a bowl.
4. When I was young I loved scary movies, now that I'm older I cannot watch them, and if I do I have nightmares! Even a few Doctor Who episodes gave me nightmares i.e. Weeping Angels!
5. In high school I taught my best friend's little brother how to drive, and that was one of my first near death experiences (more on that later), and yes there has been more than one near death experience in my life, some more funny than others.
6. I have written poems my whole life! I have my own format so to speak; they used to start with the phrase, I am a girl with shoes on. After my amputation, the opening phrase has changed to, I am a girl with one leg standing. You'll have the pleasure to read some of my poems on the blog I'm sure.
7. I've always loved cats, but told everyone I hated them because I'm allergic to them. Joe and my daughter Krista are cat people, so a couple years ago we bought two cats and I love them so much. I now feel guilty for ever thinking mean things about cats. We really shouldn't think mean things or do mean things to any of God's creations. I'm still allergic and survive on a lot of allergy medicine, but I love my cats! They have the best personalities and they are very loving. Except for Willow; she is loving in her own way.
8. I am a huge dog lover! We had dogs growing up and I've had eight dogs of my own since moving out of my parents home! Raz is my favorite of course.
9. I have a lot of wonderful friends but I'm actually a loner, I love spending time by myself.
10. I love reading. . . magazines. I have to force myself to finish books, I lose interest fast and my mind starts wondering so I find I have to read chapters two and three times. At that point I close the book in frustration. I married the most avid reader in the world! Joe reads to me whatever he's reading and I'm happy.
11. I went to Primary Children's in SLC Utah until I was 18! I have a birth defect called Sacral Agenesis. Read more about Sacral Agenesis HERE.
12. In high school I listened to country music and wore a cowgirl boots and I even had cowgirl hats! Now, I don't listen to country music at all.
13. I wish my church would bring back Roadshows! Some of my fondest memories when I was a tween was being in those plays, practicing, singing, and dressing up in costume was fun!