October 6, 2013

High/Low

If any of you have the seen the move The Story of Us you know what High/Low is.  I saw this movie when it first came out 14 years ago and I bawled my eyes out!  I don't actually recommend watching this movie; it is incredibly depressing, but it has a great ending.  In one scene of the movie the family is sitting down to dinner.  While the family is eating, everyone takes turns telling about their high moment of the day and their low moment of the day.  The family discussed each others' high and low moments and I thought it was such a fun idea that I started the tradition for myself.  

IMBD photo source

When I lived in SLC with two of my cousins and two other roommates I started a tradition of high/low.  We usually all gathered in the kitchen during the evenings when everyone got home from work and school.  Some of my most memorable moments living there were our high/low conversations.  Years later after my divorce, I lived alone in a small one bedroom apartment, but I spent a lot time at my sister's house.  I would go over to my sister's almost every Sunday and cook dinner for the family.  We would all sit around the dinner table together and go around the table sharing our highs and lows of the week.  I loved it so much; I think it helped the kids open up a bit and it's a fun way to keep conversation flowing. 

I think it would be fun to start a weekly high/low tradition here on the blog!  I'll start with my low of the week and then my high, that way I'm ending my post on a happy note!

Low:  I made a huge batch of Indian Butter Chicken so I could freeze a bunch for future dinners.  The flavor is good but it's a bit too hot my my liking.  I'm bummed because I don't like it when my recipes don't turn out right.  Next time I'm only going to put in half  of the chilli powder the recipe calls for.  If you'd like to take a look at the recipe click HERE!  I'm still on the look out for a traditional Indian Butter Chicken recipe, I don't know how authentic this recipe is:  I don't think jalapenos are a traditional Indian flavor.    

High:  Spending all day today at Ray Roberts State Park, listening to General Conference, reading, writing, spending time with Joseph and Raz, and being outside in nature!  I always feel most spiritual and at peace when I'm in nature!  


I'd love it if you shared your high and low of the week with me!  
Share in the comments below or on Millee-Margaret's Facebook page HERE!

###



 


No comments:

Post a Comment