January 1, 2014

Aspire to in 2014

I think 2014 could use a bit more meekness, kindness, patience, peace, and quiet; don't you?  With so many hot issues going on in the world these days, it seems everyone has gotten more heated and even rude, and quite frankly I think it's sad.  When did freedom of speech mean freedom to be argumentative, sarcastic, and ill-mannered?  What happened to compromise and productive conversation?  It seems many are quick to be offended, believe sound bites of inaccurate information, and are slow to listen and even empathize for others. 

via
It's easy to say that someone else needs to change, isn't it?  But what about changing ourselves, now that is a true challenge I think; and may be the one challenge that can truly make all the difference in our worlds.  What would our world be like if we all tried to be just a little sweeter each day?  I'm talking about our own individual worlds and the actual lives we're involved with on a day to day basis.

In 2012 my New Year goal was to stay passionate (HERE), and last year my New Year goal was to be productive (HERE).  This year my New Year goal is to be more meek.  Meekness covers a great many characteristics I would love to possess:  Righteousness, humility, teach-ability, and patience.  My hope in becoming more meek means I may become more understanding, compassionate, empathetic, and kind to my family, friends, neighbors, and even strangers.  How can I expect the world to change if I don't change myself?
 via
"Blessed are the meek:  for they shall inherit the earth."
Matthew 5:5




Here's to a fantastic 2014!
XOXO
    

Linking with Casey Leigh HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment